Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 Goals

This time of year many people are thinking about resolutions for 2011. The idea behind the traditional idea of making new year's resolutions is good, but I never make them. Mostly because I do not like the word resolution. While the Merriam-Webster dictionary definition of resolution - a formal expression of opinion, will, or intent ... - is not particularly bothersome, I still associate the word with all the resolutions made year in and year out that are forgotten after a few months. In other words, I associate new year's resolutions with failure which is not something I typically seek out. Instead of resolutions I like to set goals. I like goals because I focus more on the work that goes into achieving them than the actual end result. A much more positive idea, I think.For 2011, I have set a few goals for myself. Things I want to accomplish, experience, or work during the year. I plan to update the blog with my progress, so stick with me to see how I do.

One Human's 2011 Goals

Read 50 Books for Leisure

Finish Graduate School

Take a Vacation

Participate in a Charity Run

Volunteer

Watch Less TV

Spend Less Time on the Computer (outside of work)

No comments:

Post a Comment