Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Life Update


Since I was slacking for such a long time in the posting department, I thought I would take a moment to update you on a couple of pretty great things that happened in my life in May. First, I had the opportunity to attend a conference in San Francisco at the beginning of May. It's a great conference (I went a couple years ago when it was in D.C.). Plus, hello!, San Francisco! Hotel and travel paid for by someone else, plus a per diem. Yes, please! It was great. I was able to take a bus tour on my first travel day and walk to some other places in the afternoons and evenings during the conference days. 

One of the coolest things I did (or have ever done for that matter) was walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. It's just SO huge!

I also got a close up view of the painted ladies. These houses are just so pretty. I loved all the architecture in the city.

We stayed at an amazing hotel, just a block from Pier 39. I saw the sea lions and a great view of Alcatraz. We tried to take boat tour to the island, but were not able to get there early enough.
 

On my last day, I got up early and ran along the San Francisco Bay. I can't tell you how great that was. If I could do that every day, I would be one happy lady!

San Francisco will definitely be a place I visit again. There is just so much to see, experience, and EAT! The food was amazing. I would go back just for that. Anyway, when I got back, I was in hustle mode to finish my capstone paper for my Master's degree closure. Luckily, I was in good shape and was able to turn it in on time. I received an A on the paper, which I am quite proud of. Then, on May 14, I participated in the commencement ceremony and received my diploma cover. I should receive the actual diploma sometime next month. I definitely recommend that students participate in the commencement ceremony for degrees above the bachelor's. It was such a great experience because this degree was all for me. I was able to sit there and reflect on how hard I worked on something that meant so much to me. Definitely worth it. I think the picture below reflects how happy I actually was. It was a wonderful day (despite the rain) and really helped to close that part of my life on a happy note.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment