Sunday, January 1, 2012

6 months later...

I'm still here! I guess a lot has happened in the last 6 months - new job, wonderful vacation, and a new year (happy 2012, by the way).

First, I switched jobs in September. I went from doing institutional research for state government in higher education to business and financial management for a college at an institution for higher education. I love my new job. It's more challenging, better paying, and way closer to home. I work with wonderful people and thus far have no real complaints. In another year I might even be writing about my doctoral work since I now qualify for a tuition and fee waiver (we'll see how ambitious I get!).

Next, we went on a really great vacation right after Thanksgiving. We spent 5 days in New York City. Even though we saw just about everything that we could, we will definitely need to go back in the future to experience more shows and see a few more things.  Are you ready for an absurd amount of pictures for a blog update?

Times Square
Macy's

The Empire State Building

Lower Manhattan from the Empire State Building

The Top of the Empire State Building

The Statue of Liberty
 

The Sphere and Eternal Flame that now resides in Battery Park

The 9/11 Memorial

The Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall

The tree in Rockefeller Center
 

The Bull

 The Big Piano at FAO Schwarz

Central Park
 

 The Brooklyn Bridge

Since vacation we have been scrambling around. First I had a  New York City cold as soon as we returned home, then there was Christmas, then Matt started his cold, and now it's 2012. I'm looking forward to the new year and hoping it brings wonderful things. Check back later for some goals I have set for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment