Sunday, January 22, 2012

Crafting from Pinterest

Today I actually did something I found on Pinterest. I pin a lot of different crafts for ideas, but do not have time to get to them all. This was one that I knew I would do when I pinned it and I am so excited that it turned out as well as it did.

I took a lot of pictures in New York City but one of my favorite ones is this picture from Central Park.

I really love how the bridge reflected in the pond and the colors are just so pretty. Once I pulled it up on the computer at home, I knew I wanted to put it up in our house in some way. Then, I remember this tutorial I found on Pinterest for making your won canvas prints. Using this method, I spent way less money than I would ordering the canvas. I sprung for a high quality print from mpix.com, but found the canvas half off and had another 20% off that. Everything else I already had on hand, so I ended up spending just over $20 for a pretty 12x24 canvas print. So, here it is. The canvas sitting on our mantle.

You can see all my boards on Pinterest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment