Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1/12 of the year gone!

Now that January is over, I need to post a little progress update for my 2012 goals. I'm not really sure it's going too well, but I still have lots of time. January has been very up and down for me, so I've been slacking off. 

1. Read 50 books. 
Pitiful progress. 1 book down. I love to read, but for some reason have been getting duds. By duds, I mean books that I can't find it in my heart to finish. It has to be bad for me to not finish it. I will start a new book tonight and see where that takes me.

2. Run in 3 races.

No races ran yet, but I am all registered for the Illinois Marathon Relay on April 28. I plan to start my training very soon for my 6.5 mile leg.

3. Join a church.
I am ashamed to say that this month I have been boycotting this effort because of the pushiness of others. I need to put my big girl panties on, be a better person, and start attending again!

4. Buy a bike and use it to commute to work.
Some more money went in the savings account this week for my bicycle purchase. I am hopeful that by the time I am finished with my relay training, I will be able to buy my bike.

5. Complete a month long personal spending freeze.

I tried in January and failed. Here's hoping it stick in February!

6. Take a class for fun.
Starting a dance class tomorrow night, but since it won't be a regular thing I will likely not count it. Maybe a sewing class at JoAnn's soon?

7. Complete a crochet project.

Nope.

8. Go to a local theater production.

Still looking for one that interests me.

9. Volunteer.

My form from the library is still sitting on my desk. I need to mail that in so I can start shelving books!

10. Grow something in the garden and keep it alive.

I do now have an indoor plant...

11. Eat only from the Farmers' Market for one week.

The marker opens in May.

12. Try 5 new restaurants. 
None so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment