Monday, January 16, 2012

The Little Touches


We're planning on a lot of little house projects this year and one big one. The kitchen. While we won't be completely redoing it, we are going to spend some cash on new counter tops, flooring, and back splash. If I can convince Matt, we might even tackle staining the cabinets and refacing them with new doors. Last weekend I added a couple small touches to our guest bath and I think it turned out really nicely.First, I added a hand towel ring and made the Harry Potter inspired sign. I love it, even though I know not everyone will "get" it. Then, I added shelves in the nook that is behind the door and another towel hook. All simple things that really made it look so much nicer. Oh, and just so you know, the yellow is not so bright in person. It's much softer and prettier. I can't seem to capture is accurately in photo.



I'm also slowly adding small touches to our guest bedroom/my new sewing room. I have fabrics to make curtains and a new rod. I also am scouring craigslist for a sturdy sewing table. Another slightly larger project will be painting our bedroom and bathroom, replacing all light fixtures, and framing the bathroom mirror. I can't wait to work on it all. All these little things should really add up.

Anyway, today is my last holiday until Memorial Day. The students will be back tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. Even though I do not work directly with them, I love the atmosphere of campus when they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment