Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Hour that Lasted Two

It has been 9:30 for two hours. Not really, buy it sure has felt like it! The office is very quiet today. You see, our agency's president generally closes the office at noon the day before a holiday and since tomorrow is our Christmas holiday, today is a short work day. The short work day, coupled with the Christmas season makes our relatively small staff even smaller. There are only about 20% of the normal staff here. While it's nice to have the office quiet when finishing up year end reports and other tasks, it also makes the day dddddrrrrrraaaaaagggggg. Hence, why it has been 9:30 (well, 9:45 now) for two hours.

I completed the things I needed to finish first thing this morning and even though I have other projects I could be working on, it is hard to start something when I know I will be out of the office of the next five days. So here I sit, blogging and thinking about our Christmas plans. I am looking forward to Christmas, although not as much as usual. I have no particular reason to be in this funk, so I need to drag myself out of it. I am hoping that some exercise this afternoon and a big gooey horseshoe for dinner will do the trick. If that doesn't work, I might just have to uncap some of the booze my boss just dropped off at my desk for Christmas. Later tonight, or course *wink wink*.

Hey, look at that, it's 9:50 now. So, time is still moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment