Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One Hippo?

Two Humans, One Hippo is a new blog. It is not my first adventure in blogging, however. I have tested the blogging waters in the past, but have only gotten my feet wet. With Two Humans, One Hippo I am hoping to jump all the way in. I'll admit that most posts will be mundane, but I hope that not only will someone find this blog interesting (and if you do, leave me comments because they make me happy!), but that I will also enjoy writing it and, most importantly, keep it running.

Two Humans, One Hippo will mostly chronicle the happenings in my own life and household, which is inhabited by (you guessed it!) two humans and one super fantastic hippopotamus. Confused? How about you sit back, relax, and read a short story about how the two humans and one super fantastic hippopotamus can to be a family.

Six years ago two humans met at work (yes, that's me and the Mr.) and became work buddies. Both were dating other people at the time, but as time went on those relationships fizzled and the two humans began dating. A year later the Christmas season came around again and I was often heard singing the tune "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". The Mr. did not realize that I was simply singing a well known Christmas song and, while he thought my desire was a bit odd, he decided he would find me my very own hippo since I seemed to want one so badly. Imagine my surprise and excitement when I opened the box and found my very own hippo. That was truly the best Christmas present ever and cannot be topped. Since that first Christmas together, the Mr. and I have gotten married, bought a house, and have enjoyed life and the hippo has provided warm cuddles, comic relief, and the inspiration for this blog's title.

No comments:

Post a Comment